Keeping Cool Under Pressure
An empowering stress management workshop
Stress drains our energy, damages our health, spoils our relationships, reduces our productivity and can leave us feeling overwhelmed, not knowing where to turn, or what to do.
Aim: To enable staff to be more aware of the effects and causes of stress and deal with different work/life pressures in a more positive and proactive way.
Key learning points
By the end of the workshop participants will have more knowledge and awareness of:
- The difference between stress and pressure
- The physical, mental and emotional signs of stress and their long-term effects
- The causes of stress (organisational and personal)
- Relaxation techniques to control the ‘fight or flight’ syndrome
- How to respond rather than react in any situation
- The impact of lifestyle on stress
- The stress process
- The power of positive thinking
- Practical solutions to help create a stress-free working environment
- How to achieve a good work-life balance and reduce the risk of stress -related illness.
Through a combination of relaxation techniques, self-assessment questionnaires and working in pairs and small groups, participants are led through a thought -provoking and enjoyable process that has a lasting impact.
Who could benefit?
Front line staff and others, who are experiencing the effects of stress, or wish to prevent stress becoming an issue in their life.
The programme works particularly well as a team-building event offering, in a non-threatening and non-stigmatising way, insights and techniques to staff that might otherwise be reluctant to attend a stress management course.